Thank you for visiting Makovicka Physical Therapy’s Golfer’s Elbow page. We have 5 locations in Omaha and the surrounding suburbs and would love to hear from you if you are experiencing any of the signs and symptoms below.
Golfer’s elbow is a form of tendinitis, which is caused by overuse or movement patterns performed in a repeated fashion. Its important to recover completely before continuing the activity to allow for the inflammation and irritation to decrease.
- Pain will gradually increase
- Pain might also be sudden if calcium deposits are present
- Point tenderness at the site
As soon as you start to feel pain be sure to ice the injured area for 15-20 minutes at a time every hour at the most. Stretching and strengthening exercises will help in the recovery of golfer’s elbow.
- Physical Therapy to strengthen the muscles surrounding the injured joints.
- Ice 15-20 minutes every hour at the most to decrease swelling and pain.
- Range of motion exercises